Thank you helping us stay such a vibrant part of our local neighbourhoods
If you are not in Toronto or you usually buy online from us, nothing has changed for you!
If you are in Toronto, we are in LOCKDOWN! Move over pretty displays of cookware & serve ware. Hello, packing slips, recycled boxes & bubble wrap, and bag labels!
Our Toronto shops may be closed but we're in here and we're hustling to help you with your pre-holiday cooking & shopping.
Here's what to expect from us for the next several weeks:
- We are open everyday for telephone, email, and online sales!
- Everything in our shops is on our website - please shop with us!
- If online shopping is not your thing, call us on the phone or email us and we'll get you what you need!
- We have every available shipping method from curbside, to same-day delivery (for orders in Toronto submitted by noon), to quick shipping just outside of Toronto, and regular shipping further out.
- We have a new CHAT function on our website. If you are shopping online and have a question, please try it, it's working pretty well. It's probably me on the other end, say hi!
- If you want curbside pickup, and your preferred location is not showing as available to you at checkout, it's because your item is not available there. Choose another pick-up location, then write us a note in the notes section in checkout, and we'll get it to your preferred location within a couple of days. If no location is available, call us, we can make it happen!
- Try our new same day delivery service! It's working nicely so far!
You will hear from us a little more often, in this newsletter and in social media, given we won't be seeing you instore for 4 weeks. If it gets to be too much, there's an unsubscribe button below! (We promise, we won't be offended!)
We will share our Black November specials, our favourites gift ideas, and our best stocking stuffers for passionate home cooks.
The last 3 days have gone well so far! If you've already shopped with us:
- Thank you for your phone calls, your emails, and your questions. We know it's harder to see what your item looks like on the website, we're here to help bring it to life for you. Keep calling us!
- Thank you for your patience when we need another day to move your item from one store to another so you can pick-up at a location near you!
- Thank you for being kind, and sending a note, when our website doesn't let you pick up at the shop you want - and letting us fix it for you over the phone!
- Thank you for your understanding when you asked for the last one we had, and it just couldn't be found, and for choosing something else.
- And if a mistake was made, by you or us humans, thank you for your zen when we have to fumble about with our technology to make an exchange or refund happen. Believe it or not, our technology systems make this more difficult than it should be.
- We are so thankful for your continued support!
Keep cooking at home, but eat out a little too, the local restaurants need us.
Most of all, keep yourself and your family safe and healthy,
Alison & the team at Cookery
'Roncesvalles For Lease'
This week, the Roncesvalles small business community created a moving installation showing what it would be like if all of the small businesses in the area closed.
Small businesses are the heartbeat of communities, they bring colour, variety and community support among many other wonderful things!
We are incredibly lucky to be part of a community that supports small businesses like ours, especially right now!
Thank you for shopping local this holiday season!