CHEF JESSICA'S SPICED GINGER COOKIE RECIPE
Our marvellous Chef Jessica has shared her family's spiced ginger cookie recipe with us, and we are so happy to share it with all of you. Consider it a pre-holiday gift from Cookery!
We are so disappointed that we can't see you in our shops and in class, in person, so here's the next best thing! For the next few weeks, we will be sharing holiday recipes that we love, that inspire us, that represent what the holidays mean to us - straight from our kitchens.
¾ cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
¼ cup fancy molasses
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp each cinnamon, cloves and ginger
¼ tsp. salt
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or electric beaters and a large bowl, cream together butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add in the egg and molasses and beat on medium speed until just incorporated.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Add to butter mixture and blend on low speed until flour is mostly incorporated. Blend on medium speed until flour is just blended in.
- Shape into small balls, about 1 1/2 tsp of dough each, and roll in the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Place 2" apart on a non-stick cookie sheet or on one lined with parchment paper and bake at 325 F for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a cooking rack.
Recipe doubles easily and baked cookies freeze well. Keep in an airtight container. Makes 5 dozen cookies.
Shop our curated collection of items specifically tailored to this recipe. You and your family will have the best ginger cookies you've ever made!