1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
* Beat butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed until light and creamy.
* Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture, mixing on low speed until well blended.
* Cover dough or place in plastic bag and chill for 1-2 hours
* Preheat oven to 375°F
* Roll half of dough at a time to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes using Halloween cookie cutters.
* Place on baking sheets covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle with coloured sugars or leave plain to decorate when cool.
* Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are light brown ( time will vary with cookie size)