Canal House: Cook Something: Recipes to Rely On
Learn to cook well with this Joy of Cooking for the Instagram generation from James Beard Award-winning cookbook studio Canal House with 300 simple recipes to rely on for the rest of your life.
Canal House's Melissa Hamilton and Christopher Hirsheimer are home cooks writing about home cooking for other home cooks. From a lifetime of making dinner every single night, they've edited their experience down to the essentials: 300 simple and genius recipes that reveal the building blocks of all good cooking, and are guaranteed to make you a better cook.
- Poached salmon with lemon-butter sauce
- Fettucine with ragu bolognese
- Oven-braised chicken with gnocchi
- French onion soup
- Canal House's classic vinaigrette
- Classic Italian meatballs
- Caramelized apple galette
Filled with step-by-step photographs and indispensable kitchen wisdom, it is a perfect gift for beginners and an ideal reference for confident cooks.