Healing Recipes to Support Your Body During Cancer Treatment and Recovery - from Sarah Grossman & Tamara Green. The Living Kitchen is more than just a cookbook. In the first half, there's a detailed guide to understanding nutrition and cancer.
- A minicourse in cancer nutrition
- Menu plans guiding you on what to eat before, during and after treatment
- Nearly 100 recipes for every type of meal, from smoothies and elixirs to breakfasts and snacks, soups and stews, main dishes, sides and healthy desserts
- 101 foods to include in your diet during treatment and those we recommend eliminating
- How to prepare and stock your kitchen (when you are going through cancer treatment)
- Tips on how to deal with side effects of cancer and treatment
- Specific recipes to help ease different side effects
- Plant-based recipes that are gluten free and dairy free (there is one chapter with omnivore options)
If you or a loved one is going through cancer treatments, you are in remission from cancer, or you're simply interested in learning more about nutrition, cancer and prevention and are inspired to make delicious recipes to help prevent cancer, then this book is for you!