Nighttime Tobogganing and Pasta, the Perfect Combo of Excitement and Comfort
Everything at night is more fun. The darkness adds a bit of excitement and who doesn't need a little more excitement these days? Do you ever notice it feels like you can move faster at night?
Night time tobogganing with a thermos full of hot cocoa and a puppy chasing you down the hill is possibly one of the best winter activities there is. Add a plate of warm lasagna waiting for you when you get home and you could call it the perfect day!
Cookery's wonderful Chef Joyce Singh has shared her delicious Ravioli Lasagna with Pancetta Sauce recipe with us! Make the sauce in advance and freeze and this recipe makes a perfect mid week dinner, or keep it as a weekend indulgence after a day in the snow.
Here's to hoping you all slide through the rest of the week with excitement and fully bellies.
Alison & the team at Cookery
Chef Joyce's Ravioli Lasagna with Pancetta Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta , finely diced
- 4 cups mushrooms
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 sprig rosemary, picked and chopped finely
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme, (can put in sauce whole and remove after)
- 2 sprigs oregano, picked and chopped finely
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 796ml can crushed tomatoes, preferably San Marzano
- 1 ⅓ lb ricotta ravioli (600 g) cooked and cooled
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
Leave a comment