Our monthly knife sharpening service has resumed!
Good knives become great knives with regular service. Both honing and sharpening your knives regularly will keep them feeling sharp, making them your favourite tool in the kitchen.
We offer a Knife Sharpening Service in both Toronto & Montreal at each of our store locations. Bring us your knives on or before drop-off day (see below), give us a couple days, and we'll return them to you perfectly sharp.
Monthly Knife Sharpening Service Schedule:
Cookery Bloor West Village
Drop off: MONDAYS: Sep 27th, Oct 25th, Nov 22nd, 2021 - before 6pm
Pick Up: Your knives will be ready by the following Wednesday, two days later, after 10am.
Drop Off: TUESDAYS: Sep 28th, Oct 26th, Nov 23rd, 2021, before 6pm
Pick Up: Your knives will be ready the following Thursday, two days later, after 10am.
Cookery Westmount (Montreal)
Drop Off: TUESDAYS Sep 28th, Oct 26th, Nov 23rd, 2021, before 6pm
Pick Up: Your knives will be ready the following Friday, at 10am
Cookery Uptown Yonge
Drop off: WEDNESDAYS: Sep 29th, Oct 27th, Nov 24th, 2021, before 6pm
Pick Up: Your knives will be ready by the following Friday, two days later, after 10am.
Knife Sharpening Rates
Standard knife sharpening (any knife, any size - our sharpeners say that they all get the same love, and take about the same amount of time) - $10
- Bolster re-profiling +$5
- Broken or deformed tip re-profiling +$5
- Heavy edge damage repair - $5
- Serrated Micro-Edge re-honing - $10
- Serrated Edge re-honing - $10
- Damaged Serrated edge (need for 1 week) - $20
Requirements for Colleague & Customer Safety during COVID-19:
- All knives must have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before being dropped off at Cookery. Please wipe them with a disinfectant (ie Lysol wipe or spray) or diluted bleach / water solution before dropping them off.
- All knives must be wrapped in a clean Kitchen Towel / Tea Towel (multiple knives in one towel ok as long as the knives are not exposed, must be fully wrapped) before being dropped off at Cookery.
Sanitation Protocols for Colleague & Customer Safety during COVID-19:
- Sharpening colleagues sanitize their hands before opening every 'knife in towel' package, and after each sharpening.
- Each knife is bathed in a water & rubbing alcohol solution after being sharpened and before being returned to its 'Kitchen Towel wrapping'.