Good knives become great knives with regular service. Both honing and sharpening your knives regularly will keep them feeling sharp, making them your favourite tool in the kitchen.
After a brief COVID-19 hiatus, we are back on with Knife Sharpening as of April 28/29th (2020) drop-offs per below.
New requirements for Colleague & Customer Safety during COVID-19:
- All knives must have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before being dropped off at Cookery. Please wipe them with a disinfectant (ie Lysol wipe or spray) or diluted bleach / water solution before dropping them off.
- All knives must be wrapped in a clean Kitchen Towel / Tea Towel (multiple knives in one towel ok as long as the knives are not exposed, must be fully wrapped) before being dropped off at Cookery.
- Sharpening colleagues sanitize their hands before opening every 'knife in towel' package, after each sharpening.
- Each knife is bathed in a water & rubbing alcohol solution after being sharpened and before being returned to its 'Kitchen Towel wrapping'.
Please note monthly timing:
* Drop off for Cookery is 4th Tuesday of every month before 6pm.
* Drop off for Uptown Yonge is 4th Wednesday of every month before 6pm.
* Pick up for Cookery is the following Thursday before 6pm.
* Pick up for Uptown Yonge is the following Friday before 6pm.
Rates: Please note price changes
$1.35 per inch for straight blades
$2.25 per inch for serrated blades
Scissors $9 minimum ($1.35 per inch for each side)
Minor repairs like a missing tip, $5; $10+ for major repairs - for discussion at the time of drop-off.
Join our newsletter and get 10% off your first order!