You'll want this cheese-smothered dish on your table this year!
Rutabaga is possibly the most under-utilized root vegetable in the cooking world. The purple skinned starchy cabbage-turnip hybrid, in this gooey recipe, will guarantee to tickle your taste buds! With only a few days left until the big day you may have your holiday meal all planned out, you will want to quickly slot this delectable dish into your intimate family holiday line up. Easily make this dish vegetarian friendly by omitting the prosciutto. This recipe is the perfect holiday/winter dish to warm your bones and your soul. Full of winter veggies, prosciutto and ooey-gooey cheesy goodness!
Please take note of our holiday hours for picking up and delivery. For all Toronto and GTA deliveries, orders must be in before noon on Dec 22nd! Click the button below for full details.
Thank YOU for your ongoing support, we are happy to be a part of your holiday preparations!
Alison & the team at Cookery
Cheesy Holiday Rutabaga Gratin
Yield: 4-6 servings
- Kosher salt
- 2 lb. rutabaga, peeled, halved, and sliced 1/8 inch thick (Rutabaga can be subbed for potatoes, sweet potatoes in the same amount)
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto (about 4 slices), cut into small squares
- 3/4 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 small clove garlic, smashed to a paste with a pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 oz. Gruyère, grated (1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream